Annual National Doctoral Conference
“Building and Dynamising the Humanities and Social Sciences”
1 - 2 November 2017, Birchwood Conference Centre, Johannesburg
The National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) is hosting its Annual National Doctoral Conference on the 1-2 November 2017 at the Birchwood Hotel and OR Tambo Conference Centre, Johannesburg. The Conference is an initiative of the NIHSS, in partnership with the South African Humanities Dean Association (SAHUDA), and the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), and will bring together NIHSS funded students in the Humanities and Social Sciences who are completing their doctoral degrees in South African public universities.
All NIHSS second and third year scholarship holders, are required to submit abstracts for oral presentations based on their doctoral studies. All abstracts and supporting documents must be submitted online by Friday, 1 September 2017.
- All NIHSS scholarship beneficiaries who are currently in their second and third years of funding.
- Complete the online application form - to be accessed via the following link: http://www.nihss.ac.za/content/abstracts-submission-form
- Provide an abstract describing your research in 600 words
- Provide a bio-sketch of not more than 200 words
- Attach a copy of ID/Passport
- Attach a passport size high resolution photo
Abstract Submission Details
- Abstracts must be no more than 600 words.
- Abstracts must include: the significance of the topic, a description of the key issues being addressed, the methods utilized or that you plan to utilize, and preliminary ideas and findings, and/or emerging conclusions.
- Abstracts should be original work which has not have been published or presented elsewhere before the Conference.
Transportation, accommodation and meals for the conference will be covered by the NIHSS.
SUBMISSION CLOSING DATES:
- Abstracts: 1 September 2017
- Full papers: 1 October 2017